Today, Twitch is the most popular platform for a variety of streams. Starting as a video game streaming platform, Twitch has evolved into the ultimate streaming destination for literally every taste. In July 2022, an average of about 8 million people per day died on it.
Many people build their entire careers on Twitch by dedicating themselves to streaming. And they make very good money doing it. Therefore, we share with you tips on how to start holding back on Twitch and make money on it.
What to start with
First, you need to decide on the game. If you want to become popular, the emphasis should be on popular games that are watched by many viewers. It is desirable that the chosen service gives you pleasure. When the game is decided, it remains to download special software to the computer.
The simplest thing is to download the free broadcasting program, Twitch. It will be possible to supplement it with services that allow organizing pop-up messages on the screen. To do this, you need to register on the service and install the necessary games. Using the software is quite simple:
Run the utility.
Enter your profile name
Select a live broadcast from the broadcast list.
Add the game
Invest in hardware
The hardware is exactly what you need to stream in the first place. It's impossible to create content without the right equipment. Fortunately, you do not have to buy an expensive one, but your hardware should be of high quality. You will need:
● Laptop or PC. At the beginning of last year, the minimum system requirements for a PC for streaming at 1920x1080 resolution are as follows: 6-core processor (for example, Intel Core i5-8400 or Ryzen 5 2600); a powerful graphics card capable of running new games at least at medium-low settings (for example, GTX 1650 Super or RX 570);
● Camera: If you're on a budget, you can use a regular webcam. 4K quality and 60 frames per second can be considered ideal. For conferences, you need not only HD picture quality, but also a large viewing angle (from 78 degrees). The camera is just for communication - it is optimal to choose models with a resolution of Full HD 1080p (and higher) so that the picture is clear, bright and colorful;
● Microphone: There are two options:
1. Use USB microphones. These are very simple devices with automatic plug and play settings that allow you to record sound with basic quality.
2. Use an XLR microphone. This is the standard for high quality audio inputs such as microphones. This is because they send out a balanced signal which isolates the noise. It is simply the best type of connector and is also very reliable.
● Armchair. Gaming models delight with the ability to adjust the angle of the backrest, the height of the armrests. The swing mechanism will please, and the ability to recline the back up to 180 degrees. You can take into account any parameters and features of the human body. The more such functions, the more comfortable the chair. And if you take into account the fact that you will have to sit for a long time, then for your convenience this purchase will be necessary.
Some problems you may face
If you decide to professionally engage in this area, to get your audience, you need to be prepared for an exhausting sitting at the computer. As popularity increases, a second internet cable from a different provider may be required. This is especially true where there are failures with Internet broadcasting.
Beginners are advised to first choose a morning or afternoon time to broadcast. At this time, there are fewer spectators, but it will be easier to find you. You can also use robots, but you should do it carefully, because you can get a bank for it.
Twitch is the place where celebrities are born
The method described above does not require financial investments, apart from equipment. If you want to move fast on steam, you can promote your channel with ads. This will allow you to wind up several hundred people on the first try. To do this, you can use social networks, and various forums where it is allowed to advertise the stream.
There are also sites where you can place a banner with a link if necessary. Twitch is the birthplace of celebrities who stream for a living. To achieve success, it is not enough just to play popular games and improve your channel beautifully. The best streamers are the ones whose streams are really amazing and contain emotions and something that will make them different from others.