Why use a third-party app if you already have a fine smartphone camera?
Modern smartphones come with high-resolution cameras, and most of us have an almost professional video recorder at the disposal.
Provided that you know how to work with it.
As usual, most users do not think about the extra capabilities of the camera, preferring a native app. Well, for amateur shooting, this may be enough.
But if you are creating video content for your vlog or social media projects, a regular mobile camera will need extra help. With a third-party recording app, you will be able to use additional tools that professional videographers use.
So, here we will tell you about the most popular and useful apps for professional video shooting on the iPhone.
It appears to be the most noteworthy and all-in-one recording application for iOS.
The interface is adapted for use on the iPhone and iPad. The software gives you full manual control over frame rate, video resolution, bitrate, aspect ratio, zoom speed, white balance (WB), shadow and light, color temperature and saturation of the image, and allows working with sound.
The most important thing is that Filmic Pro solves two main problems that arise when shooting with a smartphone's native camera a "hunting" focus and changing exposure.
There are two indicators showed on the screen a round one for adjusting the exposure and a square one for the focus.
Allows to adjust focus and exposure at the same time
To adjust the focus, move the indicator to the area where you want to focus on and lock it by tapping.
The exposure lock works the same way.
Besides, the main app's features include the adjustment of slow motion, a three-mode histogram, and a grid to create a composition.
The app has a smooth zoom, which you can use with the "+" and "-" buttons, its speed can also be set. Next to the scale, there are buttons that allow you to quickly switch between the three zoom levels (certain zoom values can be assigned to them).
The real power of FiLMiC Pro, however, is hidden in the settings screen. You can choose from over 20 presets with a wide variety of settings, or if that's not enough, you can create a preset with all the settings from scratch. There are ready-made settings for normal clips, slo-mo and accelerated clips.
The settings additionally permit you to choose a bitrate. The higher the bitrate, the more circle space the video takes up. There are four quality choices, from economy with 12 Mbps, to outrageous with 50 Mbps, relating to the TV broadcast standard. To get the best quality, pick the most elevated bitrate, yet remember that a 16-gigabyte iPhone can just hold 10 minutes of video took shots at 50 Mbps at 30 edges each second.
Set the composition properly according to the Rule of Thirds
Filmic Pro supports third-party equipment such as anamorphic lenses, 35mm lens adapters, DJI OSMO Mobile stabilizers, and Zhiyun Smooth 4.
Its unique highlights incorporate:
● Manual norm and auto setting recording modes
● Apple's watch support for pause and start and live recordings
● Scene and representation direction
● Quick and moderate movement fx choices
● Time-pass recording arrangement accessible
● Picture adjustment
● The price in the App Store is $14.99.
This app is on a par with Filmic Pro feature-wise, but cheaper and simpler.
There's no need to dig through the settings, everything you need is on the screen.
You can always see the battery level, how many hours of shooting the phone memory is available for, the exposure settings, and even a light meter.
ProMovie allows you to adjust other shooting parameters: White Balance (already built-in templates), ISO, frame rate, aspect ratio, resolution up to 4K.
There are level settings (Tilt Indicator), frame guides, a grid to create a composition. ProMovie boasts a pretty good built-in stabilizer.
The optimal settings are set by default
The footage is stored in the internal library of the app, from where it can be downloaded to a smartphone.
Price in the App Store basic option is free, $2.99 to remove a watermark.
Lifehack: The watermark can be removed for 30 days if you leave feedback about the program in the App Store. At least as indicated in the settings.
A fairly new app, which has already won fame and awards. It stands out for its wide functionality and a large number of remarkable features.
The app doesn't have a comprehensive range of shooting parameters but has a rather diverse set of high-quality filters and effects, which can be used both in real-time processing while shooting and for post-processing.
Use different filters and effects in real-time processing while shooting
MuseMage enables you to replace the background (keying option) in real-time and it has a five-axis image stabilization function.
Unlike previous apps, MuseMage comes with simple but convenient tools for footage processing and editing.
To prevent the user from getting lost in the variety of functions, the developers used an interesting visual solution the main menu on the monitor is presented as a segmented rainbow.
It seems confusing at first glance, but you can get used to it quite quickly.
Price in the App Store is $3.99.
The app for photography and filmmaking from the well-known professional lenses for smartphones outfitter Moment.
Rather recently, developers made an upgrade, and the app began to play out in fresh colors.
Camera settings imply deep control over the video. The user can manually change the video resolution (up to 4K), frame rate, ISO, White Balance, track the histogram, metadata and do stabilization.
The software supports a full range of lenses from Moment. However, it is also compatible with third-party gear.
When shooting video, it is possible to install additional presets, such as Slow-Mo and Cinematic Video, or even create your own.
Price in the App Store is $5.99.
Outstanding among other handheld cameras in the App Store is ProCamera. With all the variety of shooting options, the program interface is compact, and, surprisingly, it will not be difficult to dominate a beginner, the main task is to understand what power is responsible for what.
ProCamera has a night mode, HDR and QR code scanner, excluding manual photo and video shooting.
In the settings section, all the necessary tools and parameters for creating a photo masterpiece: white balance, ISO, temperature, shutter speed, separate locking of exposure and focus, an inclinometer, software stabilizer and others.
ProCam includes a photo supervisor with all of the essential boundaries just as channels and impacts like large scale and fisheye. The designers deserve praise for how the corrector can be integrated into a standard photo application.
Price in the App Store is $8.99.
Kinomatic is a full-highlighted proficient camcorder for your iPhone. The instinctive interface gives you full control when shooting. Video resolution: 4K, 1080p, 720p and 480p. Casing rate: 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60, 120, 240 FPSB. There is an ability to work with sound and external microphones.
Video is not only an image, but also sound. Alas, the iPhone's built-in microphone does not allow you to record high-quality audio.
If you want to reduce noise as well as increase the volume and clarity of the sound, it's worth buying an external recording device. Some microphones like the Shure MV88 attach directly to your iPhone. Others, like the Rode smartLav+, can be clipped directly to your clothes with a cable. Choose the format that will be convenient for you.
Its real skill is creating fairly complex videos without using a computer, and then quickly sharing them online.
The application includes a built-in professional video editor with the ability to overlay titles and visual elements.
Price in the App Store is $3.99.
MAVIS is another apparatus containing proficient transmission grade highlights and capacities like shade point, ongoing tone vectorscope, and openness waveform, just as adjustable edge rates from 3 to 240 casings each second. Sound account alternatives are stunningly wide, including start to finish sound observing and backing for recording sound through gadgets associated with the iPhone Lightning port.
Shooting assistant options incorporate zebra stripes, bogus tone for openness and ranges, and center top for exact core interest. Exceptionally, selectable bitrates range from 10 Mbps to 100 Mbps, and time code is incorporated into the video record.
You can buy it in the App Store for free.
Be an expert with the Videon recording application. With a computerized zoom highlight, Videon offers you the best zoom quality. From catching to altering and reviewing, this application has everything that you need.If you can't view any of the past entries, Videon is the app for you. Its unique features include:
● Agreeable and natural interface
● Change cam from back to the front and alternate way while recording
● Natural zoom wheel at the base right corner with ongoing zoom control
● Have shifted goal with HD goal and 2.35:1 film design
● Framerate change up to 120fps accessible
● Set concentration or openness point together or independently
Price in the App Store -$4.99
In case you want to change every possible function of the settings, the video recording app for iPhone MoviePro is undoubtedly a great lineup. By activating the application, the user sees many buttons and manipulators. In practice, such an organization is very convenient, because most of the tools are at your fingertips and with one touch.
Not just the edge rate, goal, and video, clients can even change the sound quality with the assistance of this application. It is additionally an extraordinary film making application and outstanding amongst other video recording applications for iPhone. You may see an assortment of alternatives on AppAdvice, TUAW, TIME, Mashable, Indiewire, Bloomberg Radio, Slashgear, and the sky's the limit from there. With over 1million clients across the globe, the MoviePro application is completely advanced and viable with most recent iPhone models.
Its unique highlights incorporate:
● Resume and delay
● Speed control with zoom
● White equilibrium, manual controls
● Favored encoder HEVC can be chosen
● Quiet sound alternative
● Framerate change
● 4K resolution
● Video quality is 225% to 25% (standard Camera App is 100%).
● Audio compression quality.
● The microphone used is the lower, upper or automatic mode.
● Spy mode instead of a recorded picture the screen is blacked out or an arbitrary image is shown.
One of the most functional shooting applications that will especially appeal to those who have ever dealt with professional cameras. Some have noted that the amateur user may not understand the variety of features and modes. In practice, a little patience will suffice.
The program permits you to work with distance, shade speed, ISO, and white equilibrium. It permits you to bolt the concentration to accomplish a fascinating innovative impact. You can likewise utilize this application to speed up from 1/eighth to 1 second.
Work with piece merits uncommon consideration. Notwithstanding the customary principle of-thirds matrix, the application additionally offers the utilization of the brilliant proportion and different alternatives. The results of the shooting can be saved in RAW for additional point by point handling, just as in TIFF to diminish misfortunes during pressure.
Its unique highlights incorporate:
● Slow shade
● 3D Photo
● Continuous Shooting
● Big catch (on-screen shade)
● 4K Ultra HD 3840x2160 video
● Video 4K Max 4032x2268 in-application buy
● Slow down video
● Video Acceleration
● Video Boosting 4K Ultra HD 3840x2160
● Video Boosting 4K Max 4032x2268 in-application buy
● Manually set central length, openness, shade speed, ISO and white equilibrium
● Full control of center and openness (center/openness change by contacting the screen)
● Focus, openness and white equilibrium (WB) lock
● Select viewpoint proportion (4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1)
● Lossless TIFF support on iPhone 4S or later as it were
● Manual screen speed control (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 sec)
● Freeze/quit recording
● Selectable video goals (Full HD: 1080p, HD: 720p, VGA: 640x480)
● Customizable custom film outline rate (1-30 fps)
● Take still photographs while recording video
● Video picture adjustment can be turned off
● Counting the measure of video on plate
● Selectable Time Lapse Video goals (Full HD: 1080p, HD: 720p, VGA: 640x480)
● 6x advanced zoom for photographs and recordings progressively
● Video volume sign (normal/top)
● Alignment matrices on screen (rule of thirds, Trisec, brilliant proportion, skyline)
● Front and back camera support
● Putting date on your photographs Time stepping your photographs
● Put area on your photographs
● Copyright a photograph
● Stamp the date on record in typical and moderate movement
● Stamping area on record in ordinary and moderate movement
● Copyright on record in typical and moderate movement
● Overlay a soundtrack from the iTunes music library on record in lethargic movement
● Flash settings (auto, constrained on/off, spotlight)
Photograph AND VIDEO EDITOR
- ● Non-ruinous altering: all altering tasks, including editing, are completely fixable/cancelable
- ● 60 painstakingly made channels
- ● 17 focal points: vignette, white vignette, fisheye, Tilt-Shift, large scale, miniplane, burrow, reflect, kaleidoscope (I-V), rasters
- ● 19 altering instruments
- ● Crop, fit to a goal, turn, reflect, fix and right viewpoint
- ● Extremely exact timetable with video outlining
- ● Add music tracks to your video
- ● Volume control for both unique and foundation sounds
- ● Take video builds out of video
- ● High-goal video support up to 4K (3840x2160)
- ● Batch activities with photographs
- ● Batch stepping: set date/time/area/copyright stamp for various photographs in your collection
- ● Batch resizing: resize various photographs in your collection
Price in the App Store - $7.99